THE FRENCH TOAST
1 thick slice shokupan/ brioche
1 tbsp butter
THE MATCHA CREAM
1 tsp matcha mixed with 1/8th cup warm water
2 tbsp greek yogurt
Milk until runny
1-2 tbsp syrup/ sweetener to taste
- Add your egg to a flat bowl, mixing with your milk until whisked together, then add your brioche to soak on one side, then repeat on the other.
- In a small frying pan, heat 1 tbsp butter on medium heat until melted.
- Once melted, add your French toast & cook evenly on both sides, until it starts to brown, then flip.
- Whilst your French toast fries, add your matcha to a breakfast-sized, bowl, with your warm water, and whisk well so there are no lumps remaining.
- Add your greek yogurt and mix through well.
- Add your syrup, and thin the mix out with milk, so its the consistency in between yogurt and milk.
- Once your French toast is fully cooked, add it to a plate and flatten down the centre slightly with the back of a spoon.
- Carefully pour in some of your matcha cream, so that it doesn’t flow over the sides of the French toast.
- Top with some matcha & serve.