Dee's Peanut Punch Matcha Latte is our newest special here at JENKI.
We have teamed up with the lovely Denai Moore, also known as "Dee's Table" on this amazing vegan drink. It's deep, rich, creamy and not too sweet. With an energising kick from the Matcha.
The recipe comes from Dee's new Vegan Jamaican cookbook "Plentiful" and it's inspired from her memories of drinking Peanut Punch when Dee was growing up, and we have added a Matcha twist to it and together they are perfection!
This drink will be launched on Friday 17th of November and will be available at our bars in Spitalfields and Selfridges for two weeks, until the 30th of November.
Can't make it down to a JENKI bar, well why not try whisk up this special at home?
160G Blanched Unsalted Peanuts
- 375ml - 500ml Filtered Water (Depending On Desired Consistency)
- 125ml Canned Full Fat of Coconut Milk
- 5 Tablespoons Of Coconut Sugar or Brown Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon of Nooch (Nutritional Yeast)
- 1 Tablespoon of Molasses
- 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla Paste/Extract
- Freshly Grated Nutmeg
- Pinch of Sea salt
- Milk of choice
- Matcha Powder
- Start by pre-heating an oven to gas mark 6.
- Then evenly spread out your peanuts on baking tray so that they aren't pilling on top of each other, if needed use two separate trays.
- Roast in the over to get a deep colour for 13-15mins, checking at the 10min, rustling the tray to turn over the peanuts. Once roasted allow to cool for 15 minutes.
- In a high speed blender, add the nuts and the remainder of the ingredients to the blender. Blend till it's really smooth - it should be a thick custard like consistency
- Pour into Jars and store in the for 5 days - one week.
- To have it iced, pour the peanut punch over ice and add milk of choice.
- To have it hot, heat it up with your milk of choice.
- Whisk 2.5g of Matcha Powder in 50ml of water, and add it over the Peanut Punch.
- Add a sprinkle of nutmeg on top.
- Sip and Enjoy.