Recipe, makes 1 serving;
3 heaped tbsp oat flour
1/6th tsp bicarbonate of soda
Pinch of salt
THE MATCHA BUTTER
2 tbsp softened butter
1/4 tsp matcha
1 tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla or 1/6th tsp vanilla beans from a pod
- Preheat and grease your waffle iron.
- Make sure you have some softened butter ready to use - if you don’t, microwave 2 tbsp butter for 5 seconds and mix with a whisk until whippable.
- Add your matcha to the butter and whip well until there are no lumps, and you have a consistent colour.
- Whip through your maple syrup and vanilla, and add a pinch of salt.
- Once your butter is ready, set aside - if it’s gone a bit too warm, refrigerate whilst you make your waffles.
- Add everything to a blender and blend until you have a smooth batter.
- Pour into your greased waffle maker - this should make 2-3 waffles.
- Cook for 5-8 minutes, then trim the edges off the waffles so they’re neat.
- Plate up, then top with a spoon of your butter, a drizzle of maple syrup, and some matcha and salt to top.
You can also make these in big batches and heat them up, for an easy meal-prepped breakfast.