Indulge in the creamy perfection of this Matcha Chia Pudding recipe with the tropical essence of coconut, the vibrant burst of raspberry chia jam, and the refreshing zest of lime, creating the perfect flavour combination.
Recipe, makes 4 portions;
THE RICE PUDDING:
- 1 cup pudding rice
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup milk + 1 tbsp matcha + 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 200ml cream - we love using coconut based cream from Coconut Collaborative
- RASPBERRY CHIA JAM
- 200g raspberries
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp sweetener of choice
- Roasted desiccated coconut
- Raspberry chia jam
- Lime zest
- Add your rice and water to a medium saucepan, leaving covered on medium heat for around 10 minutes, until all of the water has been soaked up.
- Whilst your rice part-cooks, make a matcha on the side using a splash of water and 1 cup of milk - we love to soak our bristles in hot water for a couple minutes first - this makes them super easy to work with.
- Once the rice has cooked, add your matcha to the saucepan, stirring through with the sweetener of choice and vanilla. Put this back over the stove on medium low heat, covered, leaving to thicken.
- Once it has thickened nicely (this should take between 5-10 mins), stir through your cream, leaving to thicken for the final time.
- In this time, roast your desiccated coconut in the oven at 180°C until golden, then mash your berries in a bowl, microwaving with your chia seeds and sweetener of choice for 2-3 minutes, until they’re cooked.
- Remove and set aside to thicken.
- Once you’re ready to serve, serve up some of your rice pudding into a bowl, topping with 1 tbsp of your raspberry jam, a sprinkle of coconut and some lime zest.