Nothing better than a warm and comforting bowl for the colder days.
This Matcha Ramen Recipe is a must! Full of benefits and deliciousness, it's the perfect autumn/winter recipe. With a special extra functional kick from the Matcha.
RECIPE; MAKES 1 BOWL
- 1 tsp matcha
- 1 tsp miso
- Splash of hot water
- 3 tbsp edamame
- Juice of 1/2 a lime
- Handful of coriander
- Handful of Thai basil
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 tsp minced ginger
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 red chilli, finely sliced
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vegetable stock
- 750ml boiling water
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp ketjap manis
- 1 tbsp mirin or rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- Salt and pepper
- Handful of mixed mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tbsp edamame
- Sliced red chilli
- Noodles of choice - we used rice vermicelli
- Add your matcha, miso, and a splash of water to a bowl, whisking well until you have a smooth paste. Set aside.
- To a blender, add some of the ingredients for the broth - edamame, lime juice, coriander, Thai basil, salt and pepper, and a splash of water. Blend this until smooth.
- Once smooth, set aside, then in a wok or medium saucepan, heat 1 tsp of coconut oil on medium heat, then adding your chopped garlic, chopped red chilli, and minced ginger once the oil is hot.
- Fry until the garlic is golden, then prepare your vegetable stock in some water, the pouring into the fried garlic.
- Stir, then add the coriander paste from the blender. Leave this to simmer in the pan on medium-low heat whilst you prepare everything else.
- For the mushrooms, mix all the sauce ingredients in a bowl, then slice your mushrooms into strips.
- Heat 1 tbsp of sesame oil in a frying pan, frying your mushrooms until they’re going golden brown, and have crispy parts on the outside - at this point, pour in your sauce and allow it to evaporate off and caramelise for a couple of minutes.
- When you’re ready to serve, boil your rice noodles in salted water for a couple of minutes, then drain off, adding back to their saucepan with 1 tsp of coconut oil.
- To your serving bowl, add the matcha and miso that you mixed first. Pour your broth in, bit by bit, whisking with every addition so your matcha tare mixes through completely.
- Add your noodles, 1 tbsp of chilli oil, then top with your mushrooms, edamame, a piece of lime, and any herbs/ chilli you want.