Recipe, makes 1 pot;
THE SHORTBREAD LAYER
1 tbsp smooth cashew butter
1 tbsp plain flour
1 tbsp oat flour
¼ tsp sugar
2 tbsp olive oil
3 tbsp sugar
Tiny splash soy milk/ single cream
THE MATCHA CREAM
4 tbsp plain greek yoghurt
½ tsp matcha
1 tbsp maple syrup
1 tbsp more yoghurt (mixed with some caramel)
Chocolate to top
- Preheat your oven to 170°C.
- Mix your cashew butter with flours & sugar, using the tips of your fingers, until you have the texture of fine breadcrumbs.
- Add a splash of water, and combine with a spoon until you have a loose, crumbly dough.
- Add to an ovenproof dish/ glass & press down. Prick it with a fork, then bake for 12-15 minutes.
- In the meantime, make your caramel - add your sugar and oil to a small saucepan, heating on medium heat until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add a splash of soy milk/ cream and mix well until you have a caramel, adding a pinch of salt.
- Leave the caramel to cool in a small bowl, then stir 2 tsp of it through 1 tbsp greek yogurt, in a separate small bowl.
- Mix your ingredients for the matcha cream in a separate small bowl.
- When your base is ready, remove from the oven, leaving to cool slightly.
- Once your base has cooled down, layer your sliced banana on top, followed by your caramel, then your caramel cream & finish with your matcha cream.
- Top with more, thinly sliced banana, then with a grating of chocolate.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 mins, or overnight, then serve.