CHEF + HEAD OF KITCHEN
JENKI + DOGGART & SQUASH
Role: Full-time Chef
Location: Herne Hill, London
Job description: This is a hybrid role working across two exciting companies in the events and hospitality industry. We are looking for an individual who has strong organisational skills and the ability to manage their time productively and efficiently. You’ll have the opportunity to explore a wide range of culinary categories, techniques and cuisines.
You will be responsible for preparing, developing and distributing all JENKI menu items required across multiple locations in London with a focus on matcha bakes, healthy snacks and syrups. You’ll be working with natural and where possible, organic ingredients developing innovative flavours and recipes for customers to enjoy at our matcha bars and beyond. If you’re a passionate chef with an interest in recipe development, a taste for matcha, and trying new recipes and flavour combinations, we’d love to hear from you!
Responsibilities at JENKI:
- Reporting to the founders, recipe development manager and bar operations manager
- Managing the kitchen; its appliances, food orders and deliveries and preparation of products for the matcha bars.
- Overseeing all health, safety and food audits at the kitchen
- Managing a budget and upkeeping margins and reports for the menu
- Overseeing deliveries and orders to our multiple bars
- Ensuring the highest level of quality and consistency is upheld
- Bringing innovative ideas and flavours to the kitchen table
- Maintaining a clean and organised workspace, following all safety and sanitation guidelines
- Managing inventory and ordering supplies/ingredients to ensure smooth production and timely delivery of products to clients
- Maintain a clean and organised workspace, following all safety and sanitation guidelines
- Experience making syrups/drinks/cocktails would be beneficial but not essential
- Experience with recipe development would be beneficial but not essential
DOGGART & SQUASH EVENTS
We believe our team plays a huge part in the growth and success of Doggart & Squash. We are looking for a passionate, energetic and talented Chef to become part of our team.
Responsibilities at Doggart & Squash:
- You will be an integral part of the kitchen team in delivering a high standard of food preparation for events.
- Assisting in the management and development of the kitchen.
- Helping in the completion of daily, weekly and monthly due diligence tasks on Food Alert.
- Supporting the kitchen team in the management of stock levels to help minimise food waste to help reduce our environmental impact.
- Ensuring all food safety and health and safety procedures are maintained to the highest standard.
- Working closely with the kitchen and office teams to create post event evaluations.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar environment
- Knowledge of techniques, ingredients, and equipment
- Excellent time management and organisational skills, with the ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously
- Strong attention to detail, with a commitment to creating high-quality products
- Ability to work with flexible hours.
- Monday – Friday and 2 Saturdays a month during the peak season (May-October) at Doggart and Squash with Saturday hours are paid overtime.
- Monday – Friday and 1 Saturday a month during the off-peak season at Doggart & Squash.
- Salary depending on experience – with additional event hours paid on top.
- Commission on any jobs brought to Doggart & Squash
- Varied job responsibilities and roles.
- Being involved in exciting fast-growing businesses in the events and hospitality industry.
- Breakfast and lunch provided when at Doggart & Squash.
- Welfare benefits and employee trips to suppliers.
- Professional development and staff training.
- Unlimited supply of matcha
- Cycle to work scheme
- Nest pension scheme
If you are keen to discuss the details further, please send me your CV and cover letter to email@example.com